The Governing Body of Burwash CE Primary School is made up of volunteers from the local community, parents, teaching and support staff, the Children’s Services Agency (LEA) and the Diocese of Chichester.
The Governing Board’s main role is to to help raise and maintain standards of achievement and specifically this includes:
· being accountable for the highest standards of safety and child protection;
· monitoring and reviewing the performance of the school and being accountable for it;
· helping plan the school’s longer term future;
· setting its aims and values;
· ensuring that the necessary resources are in place and that the budget is well managed
· making sure that the National Curriculum is taught;
· ensuring that the school provides equal opportunities for all its pupils, including those with special needs;
· appointing senior staff.
The Governing Board governs rather than manages. The day-to-day management of the school is the responsibility of the Head Teacher and staff. Our work is carried out through four main Committees: Finance, Premises (including Health and Safety), Staffing and Teaching & Learning.
The Committees meet three times per academic year. There is then a full Governing Board Meeting six times per year. Working Parties are also set up as the need arises.
If you would like more information about our Governing Board or how to become a governor please contact:
Names and Responsibilities and Governors That Have Left
School Governor Declaration of Interests
Name of school Burwash Church of England Primary School 2020/21